Late but it arrived xD


It´s been a time since I know what I want to do, I was thinking about it a whole year before enter to this career (design). I would like to dedicate myself to the editorial area, specially illustrated books and graphics novels, or comics, or manga, whatever the name that you give to this.

I really love books since I could remember, it makes me happy when I have one in my hands and I cannot help but touch it and smell it, even if it looks weird. Also, I´ve always liked to draw, it’s one of the few things that I really enjoy, and I thing I’d like to make it part of my future job. I know it’s different do it professionally than for hobby, and I prepare for that.

Being and free-lancer illustrator would be the dream, but also works in others stages of the editorial process. For do that you have to know about composition, colour theory, graphics techniques -both analogous and digital-, diagram, some ergonomics issues, know how to conceptualize and communicate one message to the different publics who read your work. You can learn these topics into a career, but I thing that for make really good books you have to want to tell stories, as if you be the author -which sometimes you are-, and want that that stories seen the light and reach someone that need them in his life. And I want to do that.

Some people that inspires me are Alice Oseman, an author of one webcomic I read, and recently I learn about the job of the editorial designer Mauricio Amster, and the writer Hernán del Solar. Also, I like the works of Roca Editorial, specially the categories of fantasy and Sci-Fi.


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares